Carolina Surf Casters Association

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Results > The Primo Championship, a casters tournament

Tommy
Administrator

What a great weekend.

The inaugural Primo Championship has come and gone.

A few thoughts...

It has been 13 seasons since I first stepped out onto the casting court with a 12' heaver and a fishing reel. I've been to a lot of tournaments, both here in the states and across the big pond. The Primo Championship ranks right there with the very best I've attended.

The caliber of competition was the highest I have seen on a field here in the states. The best casters from all parts of the country descended on the Shallotte sod farm. We had a very nice day of practice and fellowship on Friday and then did battle for two days. It was close and very hard fought. Will took honors on Saturday with the 150 Troy, Big Lou, Tony Bates, Carlos and myself battling it for second for second. On Sunday Will and I were hard at it again when I got hold of a good one in the late morning. Luckily it was enough to pull out the win.

Thanks to the guys who traveled long distances to compete. Texas, New York, Maryland, VA and the Carolinas were represented. A special thanks to Jerry Valentine who has been fighting a hard battle with cancer for joining us. He will win this fight.... YEE HAA.

Thanks to Wayne and Brittany for putting on a top notch event. Also to Charlie Farmer for running a tight ship. The line measures went off without a hitch and everyone was within the rules.

It was one for the ages, a casters tournament indeed...

Tommy

October 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

billr

tommy? can you post the numbers?

you had all the big hitters in the USA there, 5 +800ft. there, and most of the +700 guys there.

i have talked to jerry and bob and they were amazed at the competitive spirit there. sorry i couldn't make it. the drive was too much for these old bones.

congratulations on a great tournament.

October 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert

If I am not mistaken, there were 7 800+ casters there.  (Although I know of 2 that weren't looking like they have ever done it....LMAO)

(In no particular order)

Tommy

Lou

Carlos

Hudak

Tony

Will

Troy

--

The quickest way to make a fish grow is to almost catch him.

October 25, 2011 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.